понедельник, 31 января 2011 г.

Ben Stiller Chats About Producing Richard Ayoade's'Submarine'« FirstShowing.net

If you followed our coverage from the Toronto Film Festival, one ofmy favorite films(and favorite of nearly everyone who saw it) was the charming coming-of-age comedySubmarine, directed byRichard Ayoade("The IT Crowd") and starring the youngCraig Robertsas Oliver Tate (above). Well, inEmpire's postwith new updates fromBen Stiller, instead of covering therepetitivenews thatZoolander 2isstillwaitingfor the studio, I'm focusing on Stiller's comments aboutSubmarine. What is his connection? Stiller, along with his company Red Hour Films, produced the film in the UK, so he's highly responsible for making it happen.

Here is most of what Stiller had to say about Richard Ayoade'sSubmarinefrom Empire'srecent update:

"Garth Marenghi{Ayoade's fictional character} I had seen and was a fan of. That was all I knew. So I can’t say that we had any kind of relationship beforehand. We just got sent the script – I don’t even know, to tell you the truth, how we got hold of it – but Richard's agent might be our agent too. But we thought it was a really great script and then I saw his videos that he had directed and just thought he had a reallyinteresting sensibility. We met and he’s just a very thoughtful guy. And I thought what he did with the movie wasvery assured and bold, for a first film. Just his process was very specific. I had a really good experience with him."

That's always good to hear. And in case you think Stiller didn't really know about it, when asked about the star Craig Roberts, he continues with even more glowing comments:"I thought Craig wasamazingtoo. I felt like he and Yasmin (Paige) both, you could sense that they so trusted Richard as a director. I loved that he is very honest but alsovery funny. Their relationship is so funny but also has the awkwardness. The cast and the director– everyone's just doing their thing and not apologising for it."They definitely don't need to apologize for it either! It was a wonderful film and will probably end up as one of my favoritesthisyear, too.

For those anxious to finally watchSubmarine, since I've been hyping it so much, the good news is that it wasbought by The Weinstein Company in Torontoand will be arriving in theaters sometime later this year after it also plays theSundance Film Festival. I'm just happy to hear that the experience behind-the-scenes was as positive as the end result on the screen, as I know onceSubmarinehits theaters it should instantly become a favorite of a lot of moviegoers. We will continue to keep you updated and let you know when TWC releases a trailer as well. In the meantime, be sure toread my reviewfrom Toronto - I'll be seeing it again at Sundance!


Source

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий